2019 Best Online Master's in Accounting Programs
For affordable online master’s in accounting degrees with high earning potential, look no further than this list of the 24 top-ranked online colleges. Villanova University Online Graduate Programs takes the top spot, with annual tuition of $21,750 and a median alumni salary of $177,200. Fourth-ranked Southern Utah University has the lowest tuition on the list, offering an online Master of Accountancy for $7,097 per year.
Alumni salaries were provided by PayScale. You can read more about our ranked schools below or browse our comprehensive guide to an online accounting degree. View our methodology for more details or learn more about SR Education Group.
|Rank||School||Annual Tuition||Median Salary|
|#1||Annual Tuition $21,750||Median Salary $177,200|
|#2||Annual Tuition $25,580||Median Salary $148,300|
|#3||Annual Tuition $7,176||Median Salary $131,800|
|#4||Annual Tuition $7,097||Median Salary $131,700|
|#5||Annual Tuition $34,980||Median Salary $135,200|
|#6||Annual Tuition $13,125||Median Salary $128,400|
|#7||Annual Tuition $23,345||Median Salary $126,500|
|#8||Annual Tuition $13,600||Median Salary $125,000|
|#9||Annual Tuition $10,425||Median Salary $124,400|
|#10||Annual Tuition $54,149||Median Salary $129,300|
|#11||Annual Tuition $30,992||Median Salary $116,800|
|#12||Annual Tuition $12,750||Median Salary $100,000|
|#13||Annual Tuition $9,612||Median Salary $96,100|
|#14||Annual Tuition $11,862||Median Salary $91,900|
|#15||Annual Tuition $29,667||Median Salary $87,400|
|#16||Annual Tuition $13,794||Median Salary $84,800|
|#17||Annual Tuition $13,760||Median Salary $84,500|
|#18||Annual Tuition $10,350||Median Salary $80,900|
|#19||Annual Tuition $13,500||Median Salary $81,100|
|#20||Annual Tuition $13,912||Median Salary $80,700|
|#21||Annual Tuition $50,750||Median Salary $85,300|
|#22||Annual Tuition $8,505||Median Salary $74,000|
|#23||Annual Tuition $24,621||Median Salary $74,200|
|#24||Annual Tuition $13,560||Median Salary $68,900|
- What’s the difference between an MBA and an MS in Accounting? The University of Scranton. Accessed September 7, 2017. http://elearning.scranton.edu/resource/business-leadership/difference-between-mba-and-ms-in-accounting.
- The Difference Between a Specialized Master's Degree and an MBA Is...? Fisher College of Business. The Ohio State University. Accessed September 7, 2017. http://blog.fisher.osu.edu/specialized-masters-vs.-mba-what-is-the-difference-0.
- Accountants and Auditors. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Bureau of Labor Statistics of the US Department of Labor. Accessed July 24, 2014. http://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- Accredited Programs. ACBSP. Accessed July 25, 2014. http://www.acbsp.org/?page=accredited_members.
- CFE Qualifications. Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Accessed July 26, 2014. http://www.acfe.com/cfe-qualifications.aspx.
- CFP Certification. CFP Board. Accessed July 26, 2014. http://www.cfp.net/about-cfp-board/cfp-certification-the-standard-of-excellence.
- CIA Eligibility Requirements. IIA. Accessed July 26, 2014. https://na.theiia.org/certification/cia-certification/Pages/Eligibility-Requirements.aspx.
- CPA Exam. NASBA. Accessed July 26, 2014. http://nasba.org/exams/cpaexam.
- Enrolled Agent Information. IRS. Accessed July 26, 2014. https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/Enrolled-Agents/Enrolled-Agent-Information.
- The Certified Government Financial Manager. Association of Government Accountants. http://www.agacgfm.org/CGFM.
- The Uniform CPA Examination. AICPA. Accessed July 26, 2014. http://www.aicpa.org/BECOMEACPA/CPAEXAM/Pages/CPAExam.aspx.