2020 Best Online Colleges in New York
This list highlights the best 25 online colleges in New York, ranking schools using affordable tuition and reported alumni salaries. New York University tops the list, with a reported alumni salary of $105,900. Those pursuing an online RN to BSN should look at the #2-ranked school, Stony Brook University. Of schools offering a BSN program, Stony Brook University has the highest alumni salary, at $98,400. Excelsior College, ranked #8, offers 206 different bachelor’s degree programs, and might appeal more to those looking for a large range of options.
2020 Online Colleges in New York Ranking Details
For each school, we conducted manual research to provide prospective students with more details about the schools' online programs. Explore online degrees offered and accreditation information below.
Comprehensive List of Accredited Online Schools in New York
Many of New York State's
At a Glance:
- About one-third of the accredited online colleges in New York state have tuition rates of less than $15,000
- The New York Higher Education Loan Program (NYHELPS) provides eligible New York State resident borrowers with affordable fixed interest rate student loans to attend qualified degree granting colleges throughout the state.
- The Excelsior Scholarship allows resident students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
- Excelsior Scholarship Program. Higher Education Services Corporation. Accessed September 23, 2019. https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/nys-grants-scholarships-awards/the-excelsior-scholarship.html.
- NYHELPs. Higher Education Services Corporation. Accessed September 23, 2019. https://www.hesc.ny.gov/repay-your-loans/nyhelps.html.