National accreditation is generally awarded to vocational and trade schools. Career-oriented schools are generally more affordable and require less coursework overall.
There are many nationally accrediting agencies that are approved by the U.S. Department of Education, including the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and the Distance Education Training Council.
Here is a list of online schools that have been awarded national accreditation:
Here is a list of agencies that award national accreditation to online schools:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
- Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools (AARTS)
- Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Distance Education Training Council (DETC)
- National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)